Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Fish

Fish keeping is not as easy as it may seem. Many people go to the store and pick up a small fish tank and think it’s all they need, only if they knew what they were doing. Fish keeping is a very complex hobby. Depending on the fish you keep the more or less complex it is. When it comes to keeping fish there is a lot to know. I enjoy having my fish and the relaxing atmosphere they provide.
It’s a general misconception that keeping fish is easy. The truth is that you need some basic knowledge of the fish and their living conditions. With proper knowledge, any person can take care of fish and enjoy the benefits. There are some basic rules that I normally see broken. I see five goldfish in a ten-gallon tank, however it is only recommended one goldfish per ten gallons. Knowledge is the key in fish keeping.
There is knowledge available all over the Internet and in books. There are many opinions and it’s the reader’s responsibility to choose what is best. I choose to do what is the best for the fish. I don’t over stock my tanks, or mix incompatible fish. When you go to buy the fish you can find out what temperature they live at and what fish can live peacefully together. There are vast amounts of information available the reader just needs to look for it. Fish keeping can be expensive but the rewards are endless.
I enjoy my tanks and their inhabitance, the live plants, which increase the natural look of the tanks and make the water quality better. The plants also add another aspect to fish keeping. Fish keeping gives a natural and relaxing look to any room and its enjoyable. I love my fish tanks and they are a great hobby to partake in.
Everyone has their own hobbies and one of mine is keeping fish. It’s an art that many people enjoy and for good reasons. With proper knowledge many people could enjoy the full benefits of keeping fish.




No comments:

Post a Comment